Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Savvy Simple Savers Makeover


Over the last year and a half, The Savvy Simple Savers has given me the opportunity to create friendships, help others in our community, and learn a lot about saving money.  While I have enjoyed this journey, it is time for a change.  The time and effort I currently put in to organizing events, brainstorming ideas, planning coupon swaps, maintaining the coupon exchange box, and posting on both the blog and Facebook page is not justified for the level of interest in this group.  At this time, I believe my efforts will be put to better use through making some changes and focusing on the initial intentions and mission for this group:  SERVING OUR FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY THROUGH SAVING MONEY.  By making these changes, I believe I will be able to help both my family and others who are interested in learning to save money as well as continue to support my community.  I encourage others who actively want to be a part of this mission to join me.

With that being said, here are the changes that you can expect.

Coupon Swaps
One last formal coupon swap will be organized and advertised for December 13th.  After this, it will be up to others in the group to decide if they want to get together to swap coupons.  The coupon exchange box will remain at the library, so anyone can still pick up and drop off coupons during regular library hours.  I personally will probably just invite my friends over to my house to have coffee, swap coupons and talk deals.  If you have questions about organizing a coupon swap, please don't hesitate to ask.  If you use the coupon exchange box, please consider doing your part to maintain it.

The Savvy Simple Savers Facebook Page
A new Group Page will be set up on Facebook.  The current Facebook Page will be deleted as of December 31, 2012.  The Group Page will be a closed group which means that only those that are truly interested and want to be involved in supporting this group and our community will be members.  All members of the Group Page will be able to post information, tips, deals and resources.  This will give everyone the opportunity to contribute and support each other.

The Savvy Simple Savers Blog
The blog will remain, however I will be putting a general statement on the Home Page, indicating that the blog will be for information/resource purposes only.  I will continue to add information as appropriate and welcome any additional resources and suggestions you may have for the blog.  I look forward to having a wealth of information at my fingertips and all in one place. 

Supporting Our Community
Supporting our community is one of the main reasons The Savvy Simple Savers began.  As my family continue to work with Yelm Community Services, I will share information as appropriate about their needs.  All members of the group are encouraged to provide details about other opportunities and events that support families in our community.


If you have any questions or would like to learn more about saving money, please join our new Group Page and/or send an email to savvysimplesavers@hotmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment